Monday, February 2, 2009

I just want to remember this....

Peyton and Owen are such great friends! They have been playing together for the last 5 hours and haven't fought, complained, or bothered me a bit! I love how they can be so imaginative together and make up all sorts of stories as they're playing "house". This morning, they were "Brian & Kelly" and Pate's baby doll was "Kellen Bailey". ;-) Or, if they're playing brother & sister (okay, maybe that's not very imaginative since they ARE brother and sister!), they usually say their parents died. Does anyone else hear their kids saying their parents died? I'm not sure what to think about that! Anyway, I'm thankful they get along and like playing with each other. Peyton and Owen are only 17 months apart, so I think that helps them get along. It also helps that Kellen is at school during the week, because when she's home, she and Peyton are usually off playing. I just needed to blog this so I can remember these days and remind them in the future!!!

4 comments:

Danna Ramsey said...

I love this. Sophie and Mads are always playing "sisters". I asked Sophie once how to play "sisters" and she ... just looked at me. Like - if you don't know, I can't teach you. I'll have to ask her if she knows how to play "dead parents". :)

The Pinkston Family said...

Kel, not that this is the same thing but, CJ asks me all the time if when I get 1000 (yes, 1000 not 100) if I'm going to die. For some reason, he thinks I should! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hayden and Ben play " mommy and daddy" too. It is funny with 2 boys but they make it work. Brian and I tend to be the children so we play along and ask for dinner and snacks and such. I just love to listen to their imaginations.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Paula Beavers. We were in youth group together at Central Baptist years ago. This is my first year at 1st Presbyterian as the music teacher and I just wanted you to know what precious precious children you have. I always hope that I will run into you sometime up there to let you know that they are truly a blessing to me.
I enjoy reading your blog-such an encouragement.
April Maddox