Saturday, June 27, 2009

Big Happenin's in the Church Family

NO, I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!

But, we DID buy a house!!!
We closed last Wednesday and got the keys this afternoon. We've already moved some things over and have been trying to organize as we go. It is in Mardis Addition, in the woods behind Home Depot.
Here is a view from the front steps, looking back on the driveway. There is a very long driveway coming up the property, ending with this circle drive, and a driveway up to the garage. The house is on 1.5 acres, a lot of which is wooded. Very pretty and private!
Here is the main living area. There is a walk-out basement below, so the view these windows have is quite a bit above the ground in the backyard. There is also a large deck off of this room, with stairs down to the backyard.
I LOVE this kitchen! It has a 6 burner gas stove with a grill, an oven and a half, an instant hot water tap, a separate ice maker, a bar sink, an island with space for seating, lots of pantry space with pull out shelves, a built-in microwave and fridge. I could go on and on. If you know me and my passion for cooking, you know the kitchen was important!
Here is a view from the main living room, looking into the "sitting room" and up the stairs. What else could we call it besides a "sitting room"? I need suggestions. Palor--no! Keeping room--no! Den---no! There's another room in the basement that we're calling the family room, so that title is out, too. Anyway, up the stairs there are three bedrooms. The boys will share a large one with their own bathroom inside of it. The girls will each have their own smaller ones, adjoined by a 3 room jack-and-jill bath. They each have their own sink/vanity room, then they are connected by a shared toilet and bath.
Here is the office that is right inside the front doors. Has built-in bookshelves and cabinets, and french doors.
This is the dining room. A little formal for us, but we'll make it our own!
This is part of the master bathroom. His and hers vanities on each side of the corner tub. Also there is a walk-in closet, a separate shower, and a toilet room.
Here is the basement family room. In the far corner, there is a little "kitchenette" with a sink, microwave, fridge, cabinets and counter with room for two bar stools. Also downstairs there is a guest room, an unfinished bedroom, a full bath, and a storage room.
Anyway, we're looking forward to getting more and more moved in as the week goes on! We'd welcome visitors at any time, either just to stop by and see it, or to spend the night with us!

11 comments:

summer said...

Awesome! Looks like there's room for our entire family to come so make the beds!!!!!! ;o)
NOW, correct me if I'm wrong but this is not the house we last talked about is it? B/C those counters did not look white...
Anyway, I'm really happy for you guys! thnaks for taking the time to post some pics!

Stacey said...

I think I know this house. My friends Mike & Elaine Lilly built one in this area that looks just like it. Is it next door to the Kings? If so, I've been in it and it's great! (It's great even if it's not the same one, too :). Congratulations!

Jill Christenberry said...

Kelly I'm so happy for you (and a little jealous). The house is gorgeous. I can't wait till you get moved in so I can come see it. Love everything about it. Thanks for sharing pictures. Looks like you have a great family home in the making. I'm sure the kids will love all that freedom also. Do I hear party's on the way?

Heather said...

Fancy!!! I am so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to visit. It is beautiful.

Kevin and Lisa Lawrence said...

What a neat house! That kitchen is amazing, and I'm sure that you will enjoy your time there :).
Can't wait 'til we get to see it.

Catherine Averitt said...

WOW. Your house is amazing. Please tell me Kellen won't be leaving I.S.?!

Tim McMonigle said...

That is a nice abode sis! I'm sure your kids will keep it nice and new looking...they always do. :)

Unknown said...

it's BEAUTIFUL!!! WooHoo!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I stayed signed in as Shrek.....oh the Lord LOVES to keep me humbled lol! Dia

Susie Lueck said...

What a beautiful home. I am so happy for you and your family. May you make many wonderful lasting memories here. May God continue to bless all of you.

Cindy Leaf said...

Incredible! What a beautiful place! I know that you guys are going to really enjoy it. Wish we could visit. Things are going well in Cookeville. Tell everyone hello for us!