Friday, October 24, 2008

Good Ole Pumpkin Hollow

Pumpkin Hollow has been a tradition for our kids ever since we moved here 5+ years ago. The last couple of years our trip has gotten rained out, and it was looking like this year's trip would as well. But, the sun emerged today and the mud wasn't too bad, so we had an awesome trip!
Kellen was out of school today for teacher in-service, and we let her invite a friend along as well. This was Bella's first trip to Pumpkin Hollow, and I think she had a lot of fun.
I took pics of each of the kids in front of this height meter, but the look on Dawson's face was the cutest, so he won the spot on the blog!
Bella Boo lives up to her name--belle meaning beautiful--isn't she gorgeous???
Kellen leaping off the haystack. All the kids spent tons of time climbing, sliding and jumping on these bales.
Me and my kiddos on the hayride. I'm slightly biased, but I think they're pretty darn cute!
Amanda, my helper when the kids aren't at pre-school, came with us today for the trip. She was a huge help in corraling all the kids, tromping through the pumpkin patch, and leading the caravan through the corn maze!
Owen feeding the pony.
Run away! Run away! "He licked my hand!!!"
Fast friends. They really seem to enjoy spending time together, and I'm not sure I've ever witnessed any friction. A couple of giggle-boxes, they are!
Bella just loves Dawson! She's disappointed if he's napping while she's over playing. She's bummed if I come to lunch at their school without him. She always says hi to him and wants to play with him and lug him around. He's got another built-in big sister!
Searching for the perfect pumpkin to take home! The boys are on either sides of the pic, and you can see in the middle that Kellen has found hers! Pate and Bella are in the far back.

8 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Awwww...That picture of you with the kiddos is a great picture!

Cindy Leaf said...

Great pictures & stories!! I always enjoy reading your blog. Glad to see you on Facebook, too!! :)

summer said...

I also love the picture of you w/the kids, what a good looking bunch.
Do you watch Bella or was she just along for the fun?
I can't believe you've been there 5+ years, it's time to come home now ;0)
much love

Stacy said...

I love the picture of you and your kids! You are all so beautiful! Jake was sitting here beside me looking at your blog and he said "is that some kind of school group or something?" I said- Something like that.

Heather said...

I love me some pumpkin hollow. we have been the last 3 years.

Kelly said...

Summer,
No, we don't watch Bella. She's just one of Kellen's best friends and that's who she chose to invite that day!

joykok said...

What great pictues. I also loved the one of you and your kids. Abby says that she can't tell Owen and Dawson apart.

Jenny said...

I love that you are always adding extra kids to your own crew! I only have three, and I'm overwhelmed. :) And the picture of you and the kids is great! What fun memories.