Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pre-School Fall Festival

Peyton's & Owen's pre-school had a fall festival tonight. Might as well get multiple uses out of those costumes, right? What do you think of our firefighter and his dalmation???
Here is our beautiful ballerina!
And a leopard!
We brought Kellen's friend, Betsy, with us. They both went to Kindergarten there last year, so they have good memories of past festivals, plus loved seeing former teachers and friends.
Owen and his good buddy, Meyer. Meyer is a big topic of conversation around our house. Owen colors pictures for him, tells me what they played at school, etc. Meyer is even the incentive we've found most useful for potty training Owen! We told him he could have Meyer over for a playdate when he's potty trained!
Dorothy, er, I mean, Deann, and Peyton have been good friends since they were together in their 2 yr. old class. She's a sweet, sweet, girl!
Betsy and Kellen. They first met during their 4 yr. old year of pre-school, and play so easily together. They seem to have loved each other since day one, and take good care of each other. We loved getting to bring Betsy along with us tonight!
One of the many "stations" they had tonight was a little train ride out in the parking lot. It was a hit!
The big blow-up slide had to be the other top attraction. I couldn't even count how many times I saw one of my children flying down this thing!
Of course these kinds of events have to be parent-manned, so Brian and I's favorite parts of the night (NOT) were working the tattoo table and soccer goal game! Feeding 7 of us for $9 was a deal, though! And thankfullly, there was a $25 cap on the wrist-bands, since we had 5 kiddos with us! Ahhh, the things we do for our kids!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Loved the pictures (as a tear rolls down my face). I missed it,b/c of my inventory at work. Stephen tried to take some pics, but not like a scrapbooker would.

Stacy said...

cute pictures! Cute costumes! Looks like a fun night! I love this time of year! And apparently I love exclamation points too!

Cassie said...

Oh, Kelly! I absolutely love the pictures, especially the new header picture! Your family is just so absolutely gorgeous and I know you are so proud of them. It makes me look so forward to having lots of memories just like these with my brood!

I'm still hanging in there, I'm thinking Wyatt is just way too comfy in my belly to come out! ha!!

joykok said...

Great pics. Looks like a wonderful time.

Rebecca said...

Kelly,

Love the background you chose. (I debated over this one as well.) The new family picture up top is just too cute! What a beautiful family. Your pictures from last night were great. Layla had a good time as well. I'll have to get the scoop from you regarding Halloween down here.

Anonymous said...

those shirts are so cute! May I ask you where you had them made? I would love to have some for Christmas.
:)kristen

emma says to tell Kellen hello.

Kelly said...

My talented friend, Amy Barrett, made them. Check out her business blog link from my page: Angel Accents. I keep her busy with all my orders, and keep her in business with all my referrals! :-)

Amy Barrett said...

Kelly, you are awesome. That picture of your kids is so cute I want to use it for my header! Thanks for the business referrals too! That picture is the best advertising ever!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Amy Barrett said...

me again! I tried to steal your header picture but I can't. When you get a chance would you mind emailing it to me?

Thanks!

Amy Branscum said...

Love the pics. I love the pumpkin shirts - they turned out so cute!

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness Kel! You have such a beautiful family. The pics are great and I love keeping up with your life this way :) Those pumpkin shirts are amazing! Love you and miss you - think of you so very often.

Anonymous said...

I saw some sweet girls - a leopard and queen. I'm pretty partial to that little queen. Thank you so much for taking Betsy to the festival! She had a wonderful time with Kellen and seeing her former teachers and classmates!

Dia Sawyer said...

I love your new pic of the kids! They're getting so old!!!! The background's great too.
Dia

Anonymous said...

first her pink leotard comes off, then her pink tights then her tight ,pink pu--y is mine