Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Things

So I guess I'm a trend-follower, because everyone I know keeps sending me these "25 Random Things" lists, and now I've done one! It started as a Facebook thing, but lots of people are posting their lists on the blog, so here goes! Even if you aren't on FB, I challenge you to put it on your blog, if you have one. It seemed hard about half-way through, but was fun to finish it! And I didn't realize FB would only let me tag 25 people, so please don't be offended if you sent me your list and I wasn't able to tag you back!

1. I am a night owl; hence, I am writing this at 1:50 a.m.!
2. I resent people who think night owls are lazy b/c then we want to sleep in---I'm just as productive from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. as you may be from 5 a.m.-9 a.m.!
3. Next to becoming a Christian, Brian is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.
4. I love organizing, but go in spurts of having various areas of my house organized!
5. I also love "to-do" lists and the satisfaction of crossing off even the tiniest of tasks (including something I've already done, but forgot to put on my list)!
6. I prefer something other than breakfast food for breakfast; have been known to have a can of chicken noodle soup, a BLT, or some Kraft mac & cheese for breakfast!
7. I don't iron. Seriously, I don't. I used the iron my Mom sent me off to college with, to wax my skis! Currently don't own a non-ski-wax iron!
8. I am an odd combination of a city-girl and an outdoors girl; need to live close to people, shopping & restaurants, but would go hiking & camping most every weekend, if I could.
9. Once went two weeks without taking a shower, as my friend and I biked and camped down the Pacific Coast; swam in the ocean lots though!
10. I brush my teeth lots of times per day, but have way more dental problems than Brian who just brushes twice a day. :-(
11. Could probably alternate between Mexican & Chinese food every other day and be happy.
12. I often dream that I'm jumping, playing sports, chasing my kids or other things I can no longer do, due to my disability.
12. I sometimes forget not everyone lives on the semester schedule, and love that my husband essentially has 5-6 months a year off of work! What do most people get---2 weeks?
13. I thrive on being around people and love to have a (moderately) busy schedule.
14. My grandparents were born in Ireland and we McMonigle's are proud of our Irish heritage (and before you ask, no I don't like corned beef & cabbage!)
15. I want to insist my children do not live at home during college---I so cherish my "away from home" college experience!
16. Speaking of college, Brian and I dream of traveling around to all our kids' collegiate athletic events....you know, Kellen's regattas, Peyton's volleyball games, Owen's track & field meets, Dawson's football games....;-)
17. Nerdy, I know, but I get a HUGE kick out of finding good things at bargain prices.
18. I really want to do one of those zip-line canopy tours; I read an article about it in USAToday, my throat got tight, and I told Brian "I want to do this so badly, I think I'm going to cry!"
19. As evidenced by #18, I love speed! Jet skiing, downhill skiing, motorcycles, roller coasters, four wheelers, etc. The faster, the better! I'm not a speedy driver, though--just love speed in adventure situations!
20. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year---football season, cooler weather, fun holidays and excitement for the upcoming winter holiday, leaves, fires, etc.
21. I wish I could fast-forward time and see what my kids will be like in 15-20 years, but then bring them right back to the ages they are now.
22. I love to sing, and wish I could do it well!
23. I love most every part of our life here in Jonesboro, but just wish we could transplant the city to the Great Northwest!
24. One of my favorite things is dozing off in the recliner with a kid or two nestled in my arms!
25. There isn't anyone on earth who I have more fun with than my amazing husband!

1 comment:

summer said...

Kelly-
I love all those things about you and it just makes me miss you more. Oh how I too wish we could transplant Jonsboro to over here.
I also would love to see what are kids are up to in the future... but appreciate these days at home (usually) ;0).
Love and miss you!