Friday, August 22, 2008

Close Call

After living in this house for 5 years, we had our first experience of "forehead meet rock fireplace". And leave it to a 3 year old boy to accomplish it! He was sitting on the arm of our big chair in the corner and somehow fell off. Peyton and Dawson were both back in the corner behind the chair, so who knows if they were accomplices! I was on the phone with my friend Angela, scheduling haircut appointments for everyone, when we both heard the screaming. I said, "Hold on, let me check----oh my goodness, there's blood!" and I hung up on her! I rushed him to the kitchen and put a towel to his head. The blood that had been gushing out suddenly stopped (thank you Jesus!), and I got a better look at it. To make a long story short, after much debating and calling our doctor, and Brian coming home to give his opinion, we opted not to go to the ER. We had some butterfly closures left over from when Peyton catapulted out of a spinning office chair last Thanksgiving, and so Brian fixed him up. Owen hasn't missed a beat the rest of the day and played with the best of them tonight when we had our friends Lon, Amy and Eli over for dinner. He's sure a tough little man! He also has good timing....we had carpet cleaners scheduled to come just 90 minutes later, so they cleaned up all the blood for me!

5 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Bless Owen's heart, he looks so sweet with that bandaid on his head. I'm glad that he is ok?

What ANgela cuts your hair? Angela at high maintenance cuts the Barrett girls' hair and I was just wondering if it was the same Angela! If so (I think you go to church with her too) convince her to start blogging!)

Kelly said...

Yep, that's our Angela! She's done all 4 of our kids' first haircuts and is Owen's teacher at church. She does my hair, too, but not Brian's---he just wants the good ole buzz cut in the garage!

Anonymous said...

I finally caught up on your blog since the girl's weekend...what an inspiration to start one. We'll see. Sorry about Owen, he and Olivia will have matching scars as she hit her head on Grandma and Grandpa's fireplace at one and a half. Seriously, I loved reading your updates. Kellen so cute on her way to school! Love you

summer said...

Good timing! we've got to get our carpets cleaned too.
I'm sure there will be plenty more where that came from having boys and all! ;)
have a great day!

Stacy said...

Ouch! Glad he is ok. We have TWO rock fireplaces to maneuver about! I am waiting for the day!