Monday, November 3, 2008

Kellen's Surgery Tomorrow

Kellen will be having her tonsils taken out tomorrow morning, so we're asking for your prayers! This is our first child to have surgery, and though we're well aware that it is a common procedure, it's still a little scary to have our baby "put under" and know she's going to be in pain for awhile.
She's actually been very excited about it from day one, because she thinks its going to be great to watch movies and drink milkshakes all the time! We certainly don't want to plant any fears in her mind, but we have told her that she will have a sore throat afterwards and will probably not feel like doing a whole lot for a few days. She's known all along that they'll give her some medicine to make her fall asleep, but yesterday she asked if they'd give her a different medicine to wake her up. We replied that they'd actually just stop giving her the "fall asleep" medicine and she'd gradually wake up. We explained that she'd probably wake up and fall back asleep and be kind of groggy. Then Brian said "Kind of like how you are when we try to wake you up every morning!" She's our sleepyhead in the morning (takes after her Mama!) and I dread those teenage years when it's bound to be even worse!
Anyway, please pray for Kellen tomorrow morning. We haven't yet heard the exact time of her surgery, but do know that they perform them youngest to oldest, so surely she'll be early. Pray for her doctor, that she doesn't have an adverse reaction to the medicine, that her pain is as minimal as possible, and that she has a speedy recovery. Thanks! I'll keep you posted on the blog.

5 comments:

Amy Barrett said...

Kelly! I will keep you all in my prayers. Let me know if I can help with the other kiddos and school tomorrow!

Dia Sawyer said...

Oh I hope I didn't scare you with my earlier post regarding tonsils!! She'll do great! It's nice to take time out and 'cuddle, love and pamper one child'. Our prayers will be with you! Keep us posted, Dia

Stacy said...

Happy Thoughts and Prayers for Kellen. I remember when I got my tonsilectomy.... the same day that my parents got their first VCR.... the first VCR in the neighborhood in fact. Yep, there was a full house at the Callahan residence that night.... no one cared about little ol' me... just coming over to play with the "high-tech" equipment. My mom gave me a little brass bell to ring in case I needed her (so I wouldn't have to use my voice)... I was just ringing that bell over and over again but no one could hear the bell over all the laughing and such.... good times!

Cindy Leaf said...

Praying for Kellen!

The Florida Morgans! said...

Praying for Kellen!!!