Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So far, so good!

Prayers have been answered left and right. Kellen continues to do so well. I still feel like I'm "waiting for the other shoe to drop", but in the meantime, I'm praising God that He has allowed her to recover so well.
She slept all night long without any more pain medicine until 5:30 this morning when she said her throat was dry and sore. After some water and medicine, she went right back to sleep. By the afternoon, I finally made her take a nap when the other kids went down because she hadn't rested at all. She's been vertical, watching new movies that grandparents bought and friends have loaned us. And I've never colored and painted so much in my life! I think she's taking advantage of having me all to herself (which is perfectly acceptable!) This afternoon Brian took the kids across the street to climb on some boulders where the city is doing some work on the creek, and then I took them all for a spin around the block in the bed of his truck, just because Kellen is going stir-crazy already!
Her appetite has improved today, too. I told her this morning that she didn't have to wait for mealtimes to eat, but that I wanted her to eat or drink just whenever she felt like it. So today I think she has had applesauce, 2 fudgesicles, chicken noodle soup, 1/2 jelly sandwich, 2 pkgs. of ramen noodles, ice cream, yogurt, and canned peaches! About mid-morning, just out of the blue, she said "I like real food." I said "What do you mean?" and she said "You know, like chicken and steak and stuff." ;-) After only 24 hours, she's missing her normal diet!
Continuing thanks for all the phone calls, e-mails, visits, cards and presents. She feels so loved and special! Keep praying for complete, quick healing, and that she would just continue to improve and not have any setbacks.

3 comments:

jodiehaynes said...

Hey Kelly and family,

We are just so thankful the surgery went well and she is feeling good! I have heard that little children seem to recover quicker than older kids. Rachel and Anna send their love and prayers her way!
Tell her hi from all of us!
Jodie

Cindy Leaf said...

Glad to know Kellen is doing so well. Thanks for the update. We will continue to pray for her quick recovery!

Dia Sawyer said...

That is so wonderful!! Praise the Lord! Dia