Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flip Flop Fellowship

Tonight the women from our church got together for a Flip Flop Fellowship, poolside at Lesle's house. We all wore flip flops and there was a contest for the ugliest flip flops and the cutest flip flops. Brooke won a new pair of flip flops because she had the ugliest! She wore a pair of Mike's with chunks cut out and masking tape all over. They were pretty bad! I actually won the cutest flip flop category and took home a gift certificate for a pedicure! My flip flops were designed by my friend Amy. I had her make the flowers and I attached them to my own Reefs. Now I can attach them to barrettes for Kellen! If you ever need any embroidery done or gift ideas, check out Amy's website, Angel Accents.
We also have all been reading the book "The Yada Yada Prayer Group" by Neta Jackson, so we discussed that tonight, too. It's a quick read and very good--any of you are welcome to borrow my copy! It's the first in a series about a group of women who randomly get put into a prayer group at a women's conference, and then decide to keep it going. They are from all different backgrounds and walks of life, so some people were asked to bring a food item from their background or heritage. I brought sweet potato salad. Now, you'd think that would be a recipe from a Southerner, but no! It is actually from Butte, MT, where my Mom was raised. It was famous as an appetizer at Italian restaurants, but the recipe was kept secret. Back in the day, my grandmother's friend set out to imitate the dish, and got her version of the recipe published in Better Homes and Gardens!
It was such a fun night! I so treasure my friendships with these women. The bond in Christ is strong and tangible, and they have been there for me through the years in more ways than I can count! "Yadah, Yadah", ladies!

4 comments:

summer said...

too cute kelly! can't wait to see you soon

Stacy said...

Kelly,
I would like to borrow the book... I need to read something inspirational..
Of course you will have an all-access pass! And no, you don't have to take me off your favorite blog list... if you leave me on there you can see when I update (which will not be as frequently once school routine starts back I assure you!), just other's who aren't on my invite list won't have access...

Stacy said...

oH, and anyway... most of the folks on your blog that would even care to link to blog will have access... Heather, Amy, Jenny, Danna...
And, I love the flip flops... that Amy is too much!

Amy Barrett said...

YAy!!! You won! They looked super cute! Enjoy your pedicure and thanks for the compliments and business hook up!!