Sunday, July 27, 2008

Friends Are Friends Forever (that's for you, Bec!)

I'm renewed just breathing in air from The Great Northwest, which I miss so badly! I got back late Friday night from my annual girls' weekend with some of my Gonzaga roommates. After some brainstorming, I think we've finally decided to name our weekend "Intersect", since our lives intersect with each other once a year and we manage to just pick up right where we left off. Aren't those kinds of friendships great? I am so blessed to have these magnificent women in my life!
This year we stayed at Joy's parents' friends' cabin (got all that?) in Long Beach, Washington. It's right on the ocean, almost on the Oregon border. The weather was beautiful--sunny and breezy, but perfect for strolling the boardwalk (Joy borrowed a wheelchair from her church so they could push me). Only nursing babies are allowed on these trips, so Joy had her 2 month old, Sam, with her. He is adorable and did great all week!
We went into town for a little bit each day (partly so we could get cell service to call our families!), and walked in the surf and strolled around the little town. We fixed great meals while we were there and played lots of cards and Pictionary. A very relaxing time, full of lots of raucous laughter! Another bonus is that it's always a very affordable trip because we split all our expenses four ways (even travel, which I thank them greatly for!!!), we enjoy cooking our own meals (at least Joy and I do, and then Summer and Becca like to clean up!), and we're content to entertain ourselves with games, talking and laughing. 'Til next year, girls! I love you all!
A special thanks needs to go out to all our hubbies who support us to keep this commitment to each other. Also, thank you to my good friends Stacey, Elisabeth and Mallery who all took my children at various times to give Brian some free time. We appreciate you!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Glad you get to keep in touch with those special friends... goodness knows you deserve a get-away like that! Did you sell CLOTHES at the yard sale and not let me know prior??? From now on... CALL ME!