Monday, July 21, 2008

Our Little Boy is 3!


Today is Owen's 3rd birthday! I often call him my "miracle baby", as I was 17 weeks pregnant with him when we were in the car accident. Three years ago today I was still in a wheelchair, but blissfully happy that we had our first boy and he was amazingly healthy despite all the trauma, surgeries, anesthesias and medications. Today, he is as normal as normal could be, and just a perfect compliment to our family. He is cuddly but tough, loves his siblings, and is growing up to be such a big boy! We had his party on Saturday, and tonight he requested spaghetti and meatballs for his birthday meal!


Our kiddos in front of the bounce house we rented for his party. It was a huge hit with all the kids who came, and since they couldn't pick it back up until Sunday afternoon, we inflated it again yesterday before church for everyone to play again!


The bounce house in action!!!



Even Dawson liked it, as long as he stayed on the front edge where he felt safe!

My first attempt at truly decorating a cake! Previously, polka dots was about as adventuresome as I got! My awesome friend, Kelly, spent part of her Friday night teaching me how to mix colors and use her frosting tips. I think we came out with a pretty darn cute cake! THANK YOU, KEL!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe he is three!! He is so cute! Hope you have a safe trip.