Thursday, July 31, 2008

We love company!


Right after arriving home from my Great Northwest trip, we were blessed with company from California! Our good friends, the Elliotts have been on a 5 week cross country trip, visiting old family and friends, and we were on their list! We got to know Cathy when we lived in Tuscaloosa and I was tutoring in the Athletic Department. We were both pregnant (me with Kellen, her with Molly) and she was looking for someone to watch Molly after she returned to work. So, beginning at 4 months old, I got the privilege of watching Molly during the day, and a few months later I began picking up Jeremy and Laine from school and watching them for a few hours, too. Lots of good times and fun memories! Now, Laine is 13, Jeremy is 9 and Molly is 6!

I had to include a pic of Molly and Kellen since they began their friendship at 4 months and 1 month of age, respectively. They sure had fun being back together! The Elliotts visited us a couple of times after we moved up here to J'town, but since they moved out west, it had been 4 years since we've seen each other.


4 comments:

Stacy said...

That's so cool that they are traveling so much! I need that list of all the places you have lived again... I swear you've lived everywhere!

Kelly said...

It's not THAT many...Andrews A.F.B., MD; Scott A.F.B., IL; Boise, ID; Spokane, WA; Murray, KY; Tuscaloosa, AL; and now here! ;-)

joykok said...

I bet it was great to see them again. Four years is a long time between visits. I love the picture of Kellen and Molly.

Danna Ramsey said...

I'd much rather have a house full of guests than have them stay in a hotel! Makes me want to call up my old buddies and invite 'em over ...